Hi,

I experience the same problem on my Mac running LyX 1.5.1. When I look
at "Tools/TeX Information/LaTeX styles" I see both, "xcolor.sty" and
"soul.sty". I tested "xcolor" form the terminal and it worked. "Soul"
contains as far as I can tell only the .sty file, so copying it to a
location included in the path should do (and it is even recognized by
LyX).

Doesn't solve the problem however ...
Kurt