Christian Richter wrote:
Hello,
I do not have a LYX - but a LATEX-problem. I hope somebody wants to
help me anyways.

Ok, I am writing my thesis as a two sided document (Komo-script book).
The appendix has roman pagenumbering. The problem is that the last
page before the appendix is a right page (odd page number). So that
the first side of the appendix should be a right page (even number).
An appendix is a chapter of its own. Any two-sided
layout will start a chapter on a odd page, no matter what.
Starting a chapter (appendix or other chapter) on an even
page is usually considered ugly and bad typography - you'll
have a hard time finding any published book printed like that.
Because of the pagenumbering the first page of the appendix is a left
page (page number=1). How can I change it so that this page has the
page number 1 but is a right page?
Consider carefully if you really want this - it will probably only
look odd to the serious reader. Now, you can of course
use a single-sided layout and print double-sided anyway.
You will then get your appendix on a even page, and you
can of course reset the page counter to 1 anywhere you want to,
even on that even page. There surely are people that will
consider such a layout messed-up, and that cannot be good for
your thesis?
I do not want to use /cleadoublepage before the appendix because I can
not have any more pages.
Why not? If they count pages, well surely they won't
count a blank one? Or offer to pay for the wasted page,
if they really worry about that?

Helge Hafting