Hi,

I get this error message: the spellchecker could not be started. The file
"c:\Documents and Settings\<me>\Application
Data\Aspell\Data/iso-8859-1.cset" cannot be opened for reading.

I don't know anything about scripts but it appears that the script has got
the backslash wrong.

I have tried reinstalled using LyX-1.5.1-1-Installer.exe
<ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.5.1/LyX-1.5.1-1-Installer.exe> , and
LyXWinInstaller <http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller>   with having
removed all Aspell dictionaries before hand.

The current error message is associated with the installation from the
first. With the winInstaller, I get a different error message that tells me
Lyx can't find the word list  - eventhough I have installed the dictionary
for all users (I have installed Lyx for all users) and I have removed Aspell
data from my personal application data.

Nothing seems to work to get the spellchecker to work (as nicely as before)
- can anybody help me?

Cheers,