On 10/1/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andrew Morrison wrote:
> > On 9/28/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try clicking on the bibliography inset in the LyX doc, deleting
> >> the .bib file, and then reselecting it?  Or just deleting the
> >> bibliography inset and recreating it? Also, if you View->Source, do you
> >> see \ref commands with correct keys?
> >
> > I've done both types of deleting and reinserting.  I've also tried
> > creating a completely new file with only the list of citations in it.
> > Still no dice.  No matter what combo of things I try (including trying
> > most of the styles) I cannot get the Content option to be anything
> > other than grayed out.
>
> You mentioned working through an example from the wiki.  That means you
> created a document in 1.5.1 (?) where all the bibliography stuff worked,
> right?  If so, given your failure with a new file and your old .bib
> file, perhaps something is up with either the .bib file or the path to it.
> >
> > Also, I have no option in the View menu for Source.  Does that
> > indicate I am missing some options?
>
> Is this in 1.5.1 or 1.4.3?  View -> View Source was added in 1.5.x, so
> you won't have it in 1.4.x (although it's easy to add somewhat
> comparable functionality).  If you don't have it in 1.5.1, that's a
> mystery; it should be there automatically, no setting required, and I
> can't think of any setting that one could mung in a way to cause it to
> disappear.
>
> As far as the bibliography issue, can you post the .lyx and .bib files
> for your CV here, or alternatively send them to me off list?
>
> /Paul

My thanks to Paul for helping me on this, first of all.

The solution is to go to to Document --> Settings ... --> Bibliography
and then check "Sectioned bibliography".  The Content line in the
bibliography settings box then becomes active and I can choose to
include all references.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew