Robert Orr wrote:
I used to try going into the file with the text editor
and changing the lyxformat tag so that the file
matched what version of LyX I was using.    That
sometimes solved the program.
That may seem to work, but it is a dangerous game to play.
When LyX reads a file, it doesn't really expect that the lyxformat tag
doesn't match content.

So any mismatching content might put LyX in a strange internal
state, which may manifest itself later as strange crashes or
even strange stuff written when you eventually save the file.

LyX has very little protection against such problems. That is
actually what the lyxformat tag is for - it prevents LyX from
trying to read 'dangerous stuff'.

Helge Hafting

  • Fo... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोंया
    • ... John Kane
    • ... Paul A. Rubin
    • ... Paul A . Rubin
      • ... Robert Orr