Dave Hewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Questions/comments inserted in Wilfried's comments below...
>
> So does this means that LyX doesn't need to know about the .bat files? It
> looks like all that LyX is doing is calling the latex2rt (.exe file) to get
> the conversion. Right?

You could merge l2rprep.bat into l2r.bat so that first the path is set and then
latex2rt.exe is called, and tell Lyx to call this batch file instead of calling
teh latex2rt.exe.
But I think as Lyx has a method for setting the pathes itself, I would prefer
letting Lyx so it.

> > > I also added "C:\Program Files\LyX 1.5.2;" (no quotes) to the Windows
> > > search path. In my inexperienced mind this was to help "which" find the
> > > above files, but I also edited the L2RPREP before reconfiguring LyX, so
> > > these events are confounded when it comes to success/failure. Basically,
> > > I'm not sure that this addition to the search path was necessary.
> >
> >No, most probably the folder "C:\Program Files\LyX 1.5.2" does not contain
> >any of the files needed by latex2rtf.
>
> Apparently this is correct. I was thinking that since LyXWinInstaller had
> installed the ImageMagick and Ghostscript stuff to C:\PF\LyX\etc that
> latex2rtf would need help finding those. I opened the GUI shell and noticed
> that it found those files without aid (in the latex2rtf Environment tab; it
> must have found them from the registry). So presumably latex2rt knows where
> they are as well, somehow.

No, the latex2rt.exe does NOT know this, it must rely on the setting of PATH
and RTFPATH. latex2rt.exe is not able to look in the registry, as the GUI is.

Wilfried