Sam Sabra wrote:
Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anybody knows how to get Tibetan Unicode working with
LyX. I would like to be able to write documents in multiple languages
(Tibetan, Sanskrit, English) and was wondering if this is possible with LyX
1.5 given that Unicode is now supported. I've installed the Windows version
of LyX and haven't had any luck myself, though I've had some success getting
Tibetan Unicode to work with Xetex with Tibetan fonts from the windows
system fonts directory. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for all your hard work and kindness,
There are two ways to do this:

1. Latex already supports english. If you can get packages
that support tibetan and sanskrit, load them from the
preamble. You should then be able to write trilingual.
I do not know if such packages exists though.

2. Write unicode in LyX (tibetan, sanskrit & english
entered directly without language support), export
a latex file from LyX and process that file with xetex.
(Change fonts the same way as you did with xetex before, put
the commands in ERT insets in LyX).
In document->settings->language, set the encoding to utf-8 plain

Helge Hafting