Don't know if the following is of any help, but just in case.

I had recently a problem with embedding fonts in the pdf generated by LyX. In my case, all fonts in the document body where correctly embedded. However, fonts inside EPS files where not embedded. I did not managed to configure LyX in such a way that the generated pdf contained all fonts embedded. Since embedding fonts will be normally desired only for the final version of a document (while working on the document I do not mind), my solution was an easy one: genarate a .ps file from LyX for the final version and use GSView to convert into pdf. For the ps to pdf conversion I used -dSubsetFonts=true and -dEmbedAllFonts=true. I also found necessary to set -pdfsettings=/prepress

Cheers,
Nicolás

Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Alexander Sklar wrote:
How do I make sure all the fonts in my pdf generated by LyX has all the
necessary fonts embedded and subset?

Good idea. I was at a conference a couple of weeks ago where close to 1/3 of the presenters used Beamer (I had no idea it was that popular here in the States), and at least one of them ran into a problem with missing fonts that caused his math formulas to evaporate. (Consolation: a similar problem afflicted close to half the people using Powerpoint.) I suspect this was due to borrowing the first presenter's laptop.

(I guess the trick would be to pass -dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true
to ps2pdf but how do I do that from LyX?)

DISCLAIMER: I have not tried this myself (I use pdflatex, and seem to get lucky with the fonts).

Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Converters, highlight "Postscript -> PDF (ps2pdf)", type the options you want into the "Extra flag" field, then click Modify and Save. You may have to exit and restart LyX to have it take effect (I'm not sure).

HTH,
Paul