On 11/28/07, Dave Hewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If not, do you have to export, change, save, and then import back to LyX?
> After doing that, will the blank lines not return upon subsequent saves?

This would seem the best way to go, under current conditions. Export
to .tex, remove the spaces and import it again. Never tried, so just
might work.

> The obvious short-term answer to get around this is to export the .tex
> file, edit it, then run LaTeX on it to get the PDF. I'm ashamed to say I
> have no idea how to make that happen, inside or outside of LyX. My only
> experience with LaTeX is through LyX w/ MikTeX.

Don't know how it works under Windows. You should look on the
Internet; related information should readily be available. Wikibooks
at least has a comprehensive LaTeX manual.

> A simple change to two lines of the 'moderncvthemeclassic.sty' style file
> fixes this. Can I just edit the style file in my MikTeX directory and save
> over it? Alternatively, if I create a modified style file and save it in
> that same directory, how do I tell LyX to use that one instead?

Best, thing, probably, backup your current .sty file and modify the
one you leave for TeX and LyX to work with (that is, the original
one). Since the file is already known to the TeX distribution and LyX,
I imagine that no Windows equivalent to Linux "texhash" in a Terminal
nor a LyX "Tools > Reconfigure" are required.

Regards,
Liviu