Dear JMarc,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Having a binary with symbols would give a somewhat better backtrace,
> but we can see here that the crash is in fontconfig:

o.k.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Since this is called directly from Qt, I do not think it is LyX's
> fault.

> On what machine was your fontconfig lib built?

Well, I built QT4 on exactly the same machine as that
on which I built LyX.

That is, they were both built on the machine
where LyX then crashes.... when I try to run it.

I can run qtdemo fine on this machine.....

Having said all that, I had previously built
both QT4 and LyX on other machines in this group
and had problems so I then started again...

I wonder if I should strip EVERYTHING out yet again and start again
from the tar files.....  What do you think?

Are there any obvious checks I can make first?

Thanks,

Dave Price

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> PS: please keep the list in copy.

o.k. I had hacked the list off in case folks
got fed up with the long dumps
I attached to the last email....