On 19.12.07, Tobias Krause wrote:
> Hi,

> is it possible to use special characters and formatting (e.g. protected
> space, emphasize,...) in Find & Replace?
> In particular I'd like to search for "abc de" and replace it by
> "/abc_de/" (italic, _ = protected space).

> If - as I guess - LyX does not support that, is there a way to do this
> in the .lyx-file with some text-editor (without messing up my .lyx-file)?

Yes.

* I usually change one occurence in LyX,
* save the document and
* open it in my text editor.
* Now I can compare what it should look like and replace all other
  occurences with the new variant,
* save the modified file but keep the text editor open (so I can undo the
  changes in case something went wrong) and
* do in LyX File>Revert  (which is Reload from disk)
  and override the warning that all my changes are lost.

Guenter