Hello everyone,

Installed Lyx today in Windows XP Pro. I already installed MikTex and
just followed the Lyx installer. When i try to open a template I get
the following error:

"The layout requested by this document, aa.layout, is not usable
because a LaTeX class or style is not available. See the Custumization
documentation for more information. LyX will not be able to produce
output."

Then the window of LyX displays the template, but ends after the line
"1 Introduction".

When I try to output that to pdf I get the following error:

"Lyx: Couldn't export file
No information for exporting the format PDF (pdflatex)"

 I also get that error when I open a new document and try to export that.

When I run reconfifgure, it asks me to install IEEEtran.cls: The
required file "tex\latex\IEEEtran\IEEEtran.cls is missing" etc., etc.
The lists of mirrors loads fine, but whichever I choose, I get the
following error:

"The system reconfiguration has failed. Default textclass is used but
LyX may not be able to work properly. Please reconfigure again if
needed."

No matter how many times I restart and reconfigure LyX, nothing seems to work.

Sincerely,

Icke