Hi,

I have recently installed LyX 1.5.3 on a Windows XP system. When i attempt to
use pdfLaTeX a pdf file is generated at best very slowly and at worst LyX
crashes. This happens for simple text only documents (even un-edited LyX
templates take several minutes to produce a pdf). Dvi preview is also very slow
and sometimes crashes. I do no think the problem is my computer speed (i am
using on an Intel T2300 machine 1.66GHz 980MHz .98GB Ram).

I have spent a couple of hours looking through manuals and FAQ and searched the
forums but cannot find what the problem might be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks, Joel.