On Jan 22, 2008 5:17 PM, Liviu Andronic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> You might be interested in using Sweave. There, you only need to write
> the code. No export - import. Recent threads on Sweave contain all the
> pertinent information. Basically, you need to use the noweb class,
> tweak the preferences file (specify the converters specific to R) and
> write the code chunks in ERT, something similar to:
> "<<echo=T>>=
> 2+2
> @"
>
> Check this link for interesting demos [1]. They are not done in LyX,
> but the essentials stay the same.
>
> Liviu
>
> [1] http://www.stat.umn.edu/~charlie/Sweave

Brief correction. I worked out a way in which to use Sweave within
lyx. The instruction is posted in the Lyx Wiki

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyxWithRThroughSweave

A fellow Gregor Gorjanc has polished that up a bit and proposed an
article to R-News about using LyX as well.

http://gregor.gorjanc.googlepages.com/lyx-sweave

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science