Thanks Uwe... but

> David Hewitt schrieb:
>
>> It's a 2-sided document with "headings" Page Style.
>>
>> (1) The first problem is that the headings for sections/"high-level"
>> environments that start on odd-numbered pages show up on empty
>> even-numbered
>> pages that follow. I'd like them not to appear on those empty pages, and
>> if
>> possible to appear on the odd-numbered page where the section begins.
>
> Both is possible I think. I don't know how exactly but you should find
> answers in the koma-script
> manual or its community: http://www.komascript.de
> The community page is German, but if nothing helps I would post there in
> English anyway - I'm sure
> you'll get an answer.

It was even easier. I just needed to RTFM. The document class option
cleardoubleplain does it (or, if you prefer cleardoubleempty). Pg. 42 of the
english version of the manual.

However, a new problem has arisen that conflicts with the manual (at least
all of the details that I understand). Perhaps someone can help before I bug
the German list... I use addsec to stop numbering sections but keep them in
the TOC and use them as headers. BUT, no headers are added to the
odd-numbered pages. Those are blank and the Chapter title is retained on the
header of even-numbered pages. ??

>> (2) The second problem I'm having is that the Figures in chapters don't
>> number like the equations. The equations happily begin with the Chapter
>> number plus ".[equation_number]", but the Figures in each chapter are
>> just
>> numbered 1, 2, 3, ... Can I make the Figure numbers the same as the
>> equation
>> numbering?
>
> How this can be changed is described in section 3.3 of LyX's
> EmbeddedObjects manual.

Turns out the fault was a simple blunder on my part again. The stuff in my
Preamble:

\setcounter{chapter}{1}

\makeatletter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@figure}
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@table}
\makeatother

all needed to be eliminated. The counter starts at 1 anyway so that made it
start at 2, and RE: figure numbering the manual specifically says:

"This situation should under no circumstances be changed using redefinitions
of the commands for the output of counters, \thefigure or \thetable."

Indeed. Removed that mess and it figured it out fine.

Any help with the lingering addsec issue would be appreciated.

-----
David Hewitt
Virginia Institute of Marine Science
http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt/