Daniel CLEMENT schrieb:

The beginning of the math.pdf manual (very useful -- I wasn't aware of it)
says

        the option Use AMS math package must be used in the document settings

but if only "automatically use amsmath package" is checked, it is not
enough. It must be unchecked in order to enable the "use amsmath package"
checkbox below.

I have a look at the file now and there it is explicitely stated that you need to check the option "Use AMS math package" must be used. The footnote behind this sentence states that "automatically use amsmath package" is not enough.

regards Uwe