Julio Rojas schrieb:

Following what was said on:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg57937.html

I decided to use "pdfview.exe" instead of "pdfviewwin.exe". It works fine,

Yes, but this checks in the background every 20 Milliseconds of the PDF was updated. So with this program your notebokk can never go to sleep mode to save battery power.

but there's the nagging problem of UAC always asking me for confirmation to
run pdfview.exe, as it is not registered.

Because a wrong file permission flag is set. A Vista user contacted me about that and the pdfviewwin.exe is the result of our work. Unfortunately I cannot tell you what is wrong in the code of the pdfview.exe.

regards Uwe