> I'm trying to use the moderncv document class on LyX 1.5.3 on OS X
> 10.5.2, but keep running into issues left and right even though it
> doesn't seem that I'm doing anything unusual...
>
> *) if I have a row of List Item, they end up looking really spaced
> out, with an extra line feed. Is there a way to have a 'normal-
> looking' list?
> *) I have a "Language" but LyX keeps complaining - "Paragraph ended
> before \cvlanguage was complete".
>
> ---
>
> \section{Languages}
>
> \cvlanguage{a_language}
>
> {Proficient}{hmmm}
>
> ----
> *) I can't even render the "example" template_en.tex as when I import
> it & render it, I get the same error as above (Paragraph ended before
> \cventry  was complete".

This may not be really helpful, and I'm on Windows and don't know much about
Macs. But, since no one else piped up, you might take a look at the wiki
page for moderncv and see if any of that helps. Sounds somewhat related...

http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/ModernCVClassIssues

Apologies if you already looked there, or if it doesn't help.

-----
David Hewitt
Virginia Institute of Marine Science
http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt/