Daniel,

Thanks, I will bear this in mind, but I am still having problems finding my way around the Mac file structure

Graham

On 22 Feb 2008, at 16:26, Daniel Lohmann wrote:

On 22.02.2008, at 14:13, Bennett Helm wrote:

On Feb 22, 2008, at 3:31 AM, Graham Smith wrote:

Silly question I know, but I'm new to the Mac and I am trying to find the documentation for the Beamer class.

It depends on how you installed TeX. If you used MacTeX, it can be found at:

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/beamer/doc/ beameruserguide.pdf

Also how do I install extra classes. This all seemed failry obvious with MikTex on Windows but struggling to find my way around the Mac.

The standard location is ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex. (Note that LyX won't recognize extra classes unless you have an appropriate .layout file.)

Note that the beamer package contained in TeXLive 2007 is rather old. Unfortunately there seems not to be a simple package update option, like in MikTeX. I download the newest versions of beamer/ pgf and install them manually. It is not a big thing, though, you just have to use the shell to copy some files.

Daniel