On 26.02.2008, at 16:14, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

Daniel Lohmann wrote:
It seems that the ftp server on ftp.lyx.org is down. I can ping the
machine, but the ftp server does not answer requests.

The server is not really down, but rather slow and sometimes unrespondable
these days (it took me several attempts to upload the binaries).

I am still using 1.5.1 because of the "show stopper bugs" in the 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 releases that, according to the change log, have been fixed.
Now I am desperately looking for LyX1.5.4-mac -- besides that
installing and trying a new version would give me a good excuse to not
work on my thesis ;-)

Any alternative download location for the Mac image?

Try one of the mirrors listed on the home page. This one seems to be up to
date:

http://lyx.cybermirror.org/bin/1.5.4/

Oh that was obvious, wasn't it?

Thanks Jürgen!