sara teinturier schrieb:

But there are at least two problems:
- when I want to compile (to dvi, pdf or ps)
- when I want to "reconfigure" after updating MikTeK or installed a new
package

the result is the same: LyX 1.5.4 crashes down.

Could you please start LyX by double clicking the lyx.exe? Then LyX is startet with a console window. Do you see there any informations when LyX crashes?

It seems that you MiKTeX installation is broken for an unknown reason. To avoid endless triaging to get it to work, I recommend to

1. uninstall LyX completely (also the user settings!) and also MiKTeX 2.7 (the unistaller offers both) (assure that you choose in the uninstaller the option "tidy up thoroughly in the MikteX uninstaller dialog!)
2. reinstall LyX using again complete installer variant (MiKTeX 2.7 will also
be reinstalled)

Does it then work?

If not

3. uninstall LyX completely (also the user settings!) and leave MiKTeX
4. reinstall LyX using this time the small installer variant

Does it then work?

If not

5. uninstall LyX completely
6. uninstall MiKTeX completely (assure that you choose in the uninstaller the option "tidy up thoroughly!)
7. reinstall MiKTeX 2.7 using the basic installer you can download from
www.miktex.org
8. install LyX using the small installer variant

Then it should work.

I know that these cost you some time but you will get a working system, and I get the info what the problem is.

So many thanks in advance and regards
Uwe