On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:17:35PM -0500, Richard Heck wrote:
> nuncio wrote:
> >I would like to load lyx in  solaris9 on sun OS.  is it a painful business
> >? . If it doesnt go well with solaris, as an alternative I would like to
> >know the best supported unix/linux versions for lyx.
> >
> I seem to remember that there were some issues with the Qt 4 libraries
> on Solaris, and I don't know if they have been fixed. But you might post
> a question to the development list on this issue. We have a developer on
> Solaris, though I can't remember who it is now.

Indeed blastwave provides only 3.3.3 binary packages of Qt and sunfreeware
3.3.4.

Looks bad for something beyond LyX 1.4.5.1.

There is a note in the Qt plattform notes about problems with gcc 3.2.*
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/platform-notes-x11.html#solaris-9-or-later
Maybe you can compile it on your own with a decent gcc.

Cheers,
Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak