Thanks for your reply, thing is, the page I want without a number contains a large table (hence a clash with the number) which I do not want to reduce in size. When I insert ERT "\thispagestyle{empty}" just before the table lyx takes the page number off the previous page, and if I place it just after, lyx takes the page number off the next page, but not the page containing the table. If I place the latex command within the table figure, I get errors that the document is damaged. Please can you help?

Thanks
Jenny