Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

I just had a situation with two character style insets inside a sentence. When I add spaces or other characters at the end of the sentence, spaces or other characters are added inside the insets. I'm using 1.5.3.

You can see this behavior with the attached spacebug.lyx. Place the cursor after the final period in the file, and press the space bar multiple times. If it works the same on your machine/lyx as mine, you'll see the insets grow. Waving the mousepointer above the insets gets rid of the spaces, but it's still distracting.

The attached example uses character styles not in the Book document class. However, even with a (custom made) document class defining those character styles, the behavior is the same.

If versions later than 1.5.3 display this behavior, the developers might consider changing it, as it's very unexpected and somewhat disturbing.

I believe this display bug has been fixed in 1.5.4.

Abdel.