Hi Bennett,

 I cant find, inside the folder you suggested, the "preferences" file
 as shown by the ls -R output
Is it usual?

Gs

Last login: Sun Mar  9 19:32:01 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
iMac:~ gabriele$ cd /Users/gabriele/Library/Application\ Support/LyX-1.5/
iMac:~/Library/Application Support/LyX-1.5 gabriele$ ls -R
bind            doc             layouts         session
cache           examples        lyxrc.defaults  templates
clipart         images          packages.lst    textclass.lst
configure.log   kbd             scripts         ui

./bind:

./cache:

./clipart:

./doc:
LaTeXConfig.lyx

./examples:

./images:

./kbd:

./layouts:

./scripts:

./templates:
default

./templates/default:
IEEEtran.lyx                            g-brief-en.lyx
README.new_templates                    g-brief2.lyx
aa.lyx                                  hollywood.lyx
aastex.lyx                              ijmpc.lyx
agu_article.lyx                         ijmpd.lyx
apa.lyx                                 iop-article.lyx
beamer-conference-ornate-20min.lyx      kluwer.lyx
de_beamer-conference-ornate-20min.lyx   koma-letter2.lyx
dinbrief.lyx                            latex8.lyx
docbook_article.lyx                     letter.lyx
elsart.lyx                              revtex.lyx
fr_beamer-conference-ornate-20min.lyx   revtex4.lyx
g-brief-de.lyx                          slides.lyx

./ui: