Hello,

Thanks for your emails and suggestions. Here is a reply to one email that perhaps better explains what I would like to achieve.

One little thing I haven't been able to figure out is making PNGs
with transparency look nice, i.e. specifying white as the background
colour instead of the default black.

A 'white' background is different from 'transparent'.

Indeed. What I have is PNGs with parts that are transparent, and want to either leave them transparent (so you would see the page through them, i.e. white) or convert that transparency to white, essentialy achieving the same effect on the printed page. What LyX seems to be doing however is converting my transparent bits of the PNGs to black.

Is this possible at all - and if so how do I make LyX / ImageMagick automatically do what I described above?

Kind regards,
Dawid Ciecierski