On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dominik Böhm wrote:
>  > >  Please do not use 1.6.0svn for any serious work. It is simply not ready.
>  >
>  > I have been using 1.6.0svn since 1,5 months for my diploma thesis and
>  > it has been working really great, yet. This program listing problem is
>  > the first "serious" problem that I am experiencing with 1.6.0svn. So,
>  > I would say for me is it ready, but maybe I am not using all the
>  > features.
>
>  Nevertheless: It's a development version, and even if it's working rather
> well
>  currently, it might be break and become unusable and eat your docs the next
>  hour, if some developer is in the mood (or has a bad day). So do not use it
>  for serious work such as a diploma thesis, unless you really think your
>  diploma thesis is worthless.

I am aware of the fact that there are risks involved using LyX for
serious work. But rest assured that my files are safe: I use an
SVN-server for my thesis and upload my work to the server twice a day.
Thus, I might loose about 4 hours of it at maximum. Further I upload
my files each time I update LyX to make sure that apparent bugs don't
ruin my work.

With other words I am well prepared for the day LyX stops working: I
can switch back to my last version of LyX at any time. I know that
there might also be changes in the LyX file format. If that happens
and I won't be able to adapt my files to the new format, I will still
be able to finish my thesis, as my current version works very well and
I have to hand it in by the end of March.

Due to the time frame stepping back to 1.5.4 is no option for me:
there are already too many changes in the file format regarding the
layout modules for example.

Dominik