On 2008-03-17 13:28:38 +0100, Steve Litt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Hi all,

I have three Inkscape drawings. They pixellate very badly when I export them
to .png and then include them in my LyX written book. When I export them to
PDF they are pixellated but not as badly. Both text and curves pixellate.

PNG is a bitmap-based format and not well suited for scaling. PDF or SVG are vector-based formats and are way better for scaling, the latter can theoretically be scaled any way you wish without loss of quality.

These three drawings are simple cartoons, created by me.

What's the best way to put an Inkcape drawn drawing into LyX?

There is a nice page on Inkscape and LyX in the wiki: http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/UseInkscapeSVGImages It works very well for me (though especially with fonts I have some difficulties sometimes but I guess thats because of the yet too bad port of Inkscape in OS X).

Thanks

SteveT

Regards,

Max