On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Bob Lounsbury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Dominik Böhm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >  I would like to have a program listing's caption beneath the listing.
>  >  Therefore I tried to add "\lstset{captionpos=b}" to the preamble,
>  >  tried to put "captionpos=b" into the text layout area, tried to call
>  >  "\lstset{captionpos=b}" in an ERT before the listing.
>
>  Disclaimer: I don't know anything about listings. However, I remember
>  seeing a similar post. For LyX 1.5.3 you would put 'captionpos=b' in
>  Document->Settings->Text Layout->Listing settings.

Yes I know, in LyX 1.6.0 you would also put it there. The problem is
not that the caption gets positioned wrongly. The problem is that
after wherever inserting "captionpos=b" the numbering doesn't work
anymore: when I add a reference to "Listing 2", LyX (or LaTeX) prints
"... 3 ..." (see test.pdf in my first message).

I am not sure what exactly goes wrong here...