Geevarghese Philip wrote:
but there is something wrong with the layout: LyX has no problem processing (using Ctrl-D) the attached file nodef.lyx , in which a Definition is included using tex code. But it gives the error "Undefined control sequence."

This is fixed now. See the layout file attached. The fix was to add:

                        Preamble
                                \usepackage{amsthm}
                        EndPreamble

to the layout file.

This results in an output file where the theorems etc have the section numbers in their numbering. Eg: Theorem 1.2.1 . I would like to have the theorems etc numbered sequentially,eg:- Theorem 5. I tried replacing "Input amsmaths.inc" with "Input amsmaths-seq.inc", but that resulted in similar errors as before.

Thanks for the help, I guess I will do with Theorem 1.2.1 etc for now.

-- Philip

#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass[report]{amsreport}
# Report textclass definition file. Taken from initial LyX source code
# Author : Matthias Ettrich <ettrich-jNDFPZUTrfQQDnmTUQnR1uqEdJ8o/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
# Transposed by Pascal André <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# Heavily modifed and enhanced by serveral developers.

Format 4
Preamble
        \usepackage{amsthm}
EndPreamble