On Wednesday 26 March 2008 20:06:49 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ah, and I guess it's no coincidence that there's a platypus in the users'
> guide?  Is there a story behind this particular animal, e.g. something
> like that it's a "hybrid animal", like LyX?

  I am not sure, the platypus figure made its appearance in the 0.10 code
base. So other than the usual suspects, Jean-Marc, Lars, Jürgen Vigna, Alan
Rae or Asger, someone that may know what is the meaning of the platypus is
David L. Johnson.

If I am allowed to guess I would conjecture that the association of a platypus
to lyx is related with the C++ roots of LyX.

In objected oriented text/books the platypus is sometimes associated with the
concept of polymorphism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphism_in_object-oriented_programming

Is enough to search the web for examples of
"polymorphism platypus c++" to see the plethora of positive outcomes. Using
google two top examples are:
http://classes.engr.oregonstate.edu/eecs/winter2004/cs582/slides/chap11/all.htm
http://accu.org/index.php/journals/255

--