On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Nicholas Shaw
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(a lot! really?)

I personally like this e-mail. What do we have here: 5 lines of real,
hand-written content (including the "many thanks"), plus 45 lines of
marketing gibber. Funny enough, one of the first lines reads: "your
mails ... are clogging up our inboxes"

Using trailers like this (and our company is doing the same!)
companies are wasting bandwith and mailbox resources. In this mail, we
have 1535 bytes of waste. Imagine mail traffic between two companies,
where all the addressees (indeed a funny word!) just click on "reply"
without wiping out the rubbish. Let's say 20 mails go back and forth,
each adding 1500 bytes ... 20 kb on each side. just for nothing.

This could in fact be topped by nasty power point attachments or
inline graphics ...

Yuck.

Just my 2 very off-topic cents :-D

(PS: I am not reading all the mails, but I keep them when I think the
topic is of interest. LyX is _not_ clobbering my inbox.)