Thanks for the feedback, Guenter!

G. Milde wrote:
On 31.03.08, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
3. Should we provide output samples (DVI, PDF) somewhere (under About LyX or Visual Tour)? Non-LaTeX-users might not know what they're getting.
Of course we should. Also as illustration of the WYSIWYM principle and the
sensible distinction of appearance on screen vs. appearance in print. I
propose PDF as format as this will be viewable by users without
installed TeX system too.
I found this on the LyX wiki. Maybe we should make it more prominent somehow.

http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/Examples

By the way, when you guys click on a .lyx file in your browser, do you get a download prompt or does your browser display the LyX source? New users might be confused if they see the LyX source and don't know what to do with it.

rex