On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Oscar Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear lyxers
>
>  I am starting a document project with a colleague using lyx. The goal is to
>  obtain a big document of a technical course. My colleague uses the windows
>  version of lyx and I use the linux version. At this initial stage we can
> easily
>  share simple documents.  Now we are concerned with the use of a common vector
>  drawing program that can be used at both platforms. The main feature that we
>  require is that the vector drawing program can annotate drawings with latex
> math
>  formulae. I am quite satisfied with the current support of xfig at lyx using
>  external material. However, as far as I know, xfig only runs at linux
> machines
>  therefore we are looking for an alternative program. Could anybody care to
> give
>  us some recommendation? Any advice related to other aspects of such a project
>  are also welcome.
>
>  Thank you very much for all your help
>  Best regards

It seems xfig can be installed under cygwin:

http://www.cs.usask.ca/~wew036/latex/xfig.html

I also thought Inkscape was a popular vector graphics program that
runs on linux, mac, and windows (from what I've read it supports latex
math but I haven't used the program):

http://www.inkscape.org/index.php?lang=en

Cheers,
/Bob