On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:21:45 +0200
Sven Hoexter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 01:12:38PM +0300, Micha wrote:
>
> > Seeing it here also, debian unstable, lyx crashes on some documents as I
> > open them and on others when I press the mouse on them. And this started at
> > the very worst time
>
> Heh, well using unstable isn't recommended so you should know what to
> do now to recover. [1]
>
> Sven, who thought that the naming is obvious enough

Actually, from experience the naming is very unobvious. I experience testing to
be much more unstable than unstable. Stable is only for servers as package
versions are ridiculously old.

Anyway, I know how to recover, it's just the timing that's bad.

Anyway in response to previous assumptions, I downgraded the qt4 packages to
4.3.4 instead of 4.4 rc whatever and lyx is working again, so this is definitely
a compatibility issue between the lyx debian package and qt 4.4 debian
packages. Don't know if it's also a source issue.