On Thursday 10 April 2008, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thursday 10 April 2008 22:20, HZ wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How can I make a title page for report?
> >
> > Normally, there should be a title, author, logo and date at the foot of
> > the title page.
> > Can I generate a separate lyx file for the title page and include my
> > report lyx file within it?
> > Is there a customized layout file to do that?
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> > HZ
>
> For some of you this will sound like a broken record, but I never get tired
> of saying it -- fine tune your front matter with custom styles and ERT,
> including page breaks. Trying to get any document class to present the
> front matter in a specific way, and still having that document class do a
> good job in the mainmatter, has in my experience been walking the trail of
> tears.

Steve,

I have seen your opinions on this before, and they do have validity.  A good
discussion on defining front matter is in the documentation of the memoir
class.

However, to answer the question HZ asked: you can use a separate file for the
title page, export it as PDF, and merge the PDF export from your report using
pdfpages (http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=pdfpages),
which is probably in your LaTeX distribution.  If you want a really nice
title page, you might want to use Scribus rather than LyX to format it.

--
Les