>>  How do you change the numbering of table and figure floats to include
>> the
>>  appendix letter. E.g.,
>>
>>  In Appendix A, I would like Table A1 rather than a continuous numbering
>>  system from the main text. I looked around at the appendix package and
>> in
>>  the LyX Docs and came up empty.
>
> If you enable the AMS math option in the document settings and then put:
>
> \numberwithin{figure}{section}
>
> in your appendix it puts the figures in an A.# format, but it doesn't
> restart the numbering. If you put this in the preamble it would number
> all figures per section but I'm assuming this is not what you're
> looking for. Maybe someone else knows how to reset the numbering of
> figures.

Paul Rubin knows. He provided the following solution, which worked like a
charm. I also added it to the Wiki here:

http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/ResetNumberingOfTablesAndFiguresInAnAppendix

Insert the following in ERT somewhere inside the appendix before any floats
(but in a standard paragraph, not in the Appendix section title):

\setcounter{figure}{0}
\renewcommand{\thefigure}{A.\arabic{figure}}

To do the same for Tables, just change the string "figure" to "table" in all
three places.

This changes the entries in the TOC correctly as well.

-----
David Hewitt
Research Fishery Biologist, USGS Klamath Falls Field Station (Oregon, USA)
-and-
Student, Virginia Institute of Marine Science
http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt/