--- Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Bruce Pourciau
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Elbow problems have begun to make it hard for me
> to type a long manuscript
> > into LyX. I was thinking that we could install LyX
> (but not LaTeX) on my
> > secretary's machine, and then she could type the
> ms into LyX, perhaps typing
> > ff or something whenever there's a formula that
> would require LaTeX (so that
> > she wouldn't have to learn about mathmode stuff),
> and then after getting the
> > LyX file from her by email, I could open it and
> insert the formulas. Is
> > there any reason this might not work? (I'm running
> LyX/Mac 1.4.1 and she's
> > running Windows XP).
> >
> >  I would ask our IT folks to install LyX on her
> machine. Any thoughts on how
> > I can make this go smoothly for them?
>
> Why not using a simple text editor on her computer?
>
> Paul

You lose the rest of the formatting would you not?

If 90 percent of the ms is "text" then Bruce gets 90%
of the layout done and just needs to insert a few
equations maybe some tables and perhaps inserts a few skips.

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail
today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca