On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Helge Hafting apparently wrote:
>> "A serious program error has occurred.  ...{various dump
>> and support information}"
>> and SWP crashes.

Although it is a good and interesting commercial product,
it has been a long time since I have had much experience
with SWP. My recollection is that such dumps usually
contain information about where their parser choked.
Look at it carefully.

If that does not help, delete half the .tex file
at a time and find the problem by repeatedly importing the
remainder.  This should only take about 15 minutes,
even for a big file.

The resulting information could actually prove useful
to the LyX community, since it may suggest
that LyX is outputting something that can create
problems for LaTeX parsers.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac