On Tuesday 20 May 2008 12:36:01 pm Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> Have a look at the document settings. I canĀ“t see any strange things there,
> and the error stays after taking out the preamble entrances

I can see exactly what you are talking about.  The +/- symbol appears too
large.  But only if you use Latin Modern fonts.  I tried every other font I
have in LaTeX, and the problem seems to be exclusive to the LMSymbol Type 1
font, which I assume is what is used for Math symbols when you use Latin
Modern fonts for text.  Whether it is a problem with LyX, with LaTeX, or with
the font, I can't tell.

You can fiddle with the line spacing in the table (I don't remember exactly
how), but it seems to me the simplest solution would be to use another font.

I'm using 1.5.4 with texlive on Gentoo 2007.

Les