Hello Liviu,
thanks for the advice, seems like I'll have to wait until lyx manages the export to odf. I tried latex2rtf too but it had problems with exporting images. I bypassed the problem by exporting the whole document to html and then opening it with Ooo or Word. The output looks quite neat actually, there were only minor issues with sections, subsections etc. The formatting is not perfect, but I only needed an editable version for my thesis advisor since he hasn't discovered the qualities of LyX yet ;).

Best regards,

Tomas Pavlik