Brian Guenter wrote:
I want to insert program listings into my document. I don't want the program
listings to be broken across pages so I put them inside figures. Now each
program listing has a figure label and number which I don't want.  Is there
some way for me to insert these listings inside a float and suppress the
caption printing of just that float?
Yes, it is easy to get rid of the figure label. Just delete it. Unless your LyX is very old, a figure label is a thing that every float is created with. But there is nothing special about it. You can delete it using backspace, the delete key, or selecting
and cutting it.

Then you get a float without a label. This can be hard to follow for your readers, if the float happens to float to some other page like floats sometimes do by design.

Helge Hafting