Bob Lounsbury wrote:
On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 2:20 AM, RyanC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm having a lot of general problems getting LyX set up Mepis 7 (binary
compatible with Etch).

I installed a 1.4 version via Synaptic, to resolve as many dependencies as
possible. Then I uninstalled this version and installed 1.5.3 with Kpackage.

I'm finding that I have lots of missing classes and layout files, no PDF or
DVI functionality, problems with output, etc. I had tetex installed but then
changed to texlive. I don't have it all installed but quite a lot (still on
dial up at the moment).

I search Synaptic for relevant PDF and DVI packages (no pdflatex) but
there's not much that's intuitive.

I'm sure I'm doing everything wrong. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Ryan

Once you have texlive fully installed. Run Tools->Reconfigure in LyX a
couple of times to see if it picks up the texlive installation.

Cheers,
/Bob

Thanks, Bob.

Merely running Reconfigure gave me access to most functions (I forgot
about that).

But now I have to downgrade to tetex if I want to use both LyX and
TeXmacs on Mepis/Etch.

Should finally be sorted after that...

Ryan