I just downloaded and installed 1.6.0 beta 3 and opened a file where I had several subfigures inside a wrap float. In 1.6.0, there is actual support for subfigures (no more hack), but it seems that the conversion does not take place automaticallly. Subfigures are broken when opening an older (e.g. 1.5.5) version LyX file. I had to go through and manually re-add my subfigure captions and rework the figures altogether.

One other thing: it appears that I cannot get subfigures/subfloats to work in a wrap:Figure environment. Any suggestions? This worked fine in 1.5.5 using floats inside a wrap:Figure and using the subfigure hack.

James