Paragraph ended before [EMAIL PROTECTED] was complete
Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
Argument of [EMAIL PROTECTED] has an extra }.
Paragraph ended before [EMAIL PROTECTED] was complete.

LyX has highlighted the title and there is nothing wrong with it in
the source (it hasn't changed in weeks...)

I think this sort of error message sometimes occurs when something is inserted in the wrong place, or inserted containing something it ought not contain. LyX highlights approximately where the error is, but not always exactly.

Right, the error might not always be near the place where LyX (or latex, I
guess) points to.
Try to think if you changed something, whatever, since last time it compiled well. There should be the problem. When I cannot find the source of an error, what I do is to use a divide and conquer strategy. I insert parts of the document in Notes and compile. If everything is ok, I know the problem is not there.

Nicolás