Hi Steve,

Could you plese tell me what Symlink is?

I actually had a similar problem.
I usually prefer using the default layout, because I can then open my file
in different computers.
But then I realized the default Article.layout doesn't have those extra
definition, axiom, proposition key words... that I wanted, and when I used
the AMS.Layout, all the formatting went crazy.

So, I used the basic article.layout and added the relevant lines from the
AMS.layout.

The problem is that still, when you move file from one computer to the next,
we lose the formatting because you need to re-install the layout. And you
need to always remember to do that.

The solution I found is to work with LyX in folders. I open a new folder
which has inside it the lyx file, pics, jabref, and my special layout.
So that when I work on a diff computer, i bring with me the whole folder
with all the various components for that file.

So far I found that works for me.

So, I am interested to know if that is what you have been talking about and
what is symlink.

Thanks, Erez