Hello,

Does someone know if there is a version of fig2dev that does pdftex in addition to pstex? I am trying to use xfig drawing directly thanks to the external material inset but that works only for plain LateX, not for pdflatex.

I am using the precompiled fig2dev package for Windows found at the JFig homepage:
http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/jfig/download.html
http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/jfig/archive/fig2dev3.2.3d-windows.zip

So this comes from transfig 3.2.3d and, AFAICS this is the latest version:
ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/applications/drawing_tools/transfig/

Am I missing something or does the external xfig support is not prepared for pdflatex?

Abdel.