Hello,

In linguistics the greek letter small sigma is used as symbol for "syllable". I used the new Insert > Special Character > Symbols... Menu in Lyx 1.6 to insert the sigma. It is displayed correctly on screen, but in the generated PDF the sigma is not set as a normal small sigma but as small final sigma. Also, if I write a sequence of 2 or more syllables/sigmas the last sigma is automatically converted into the final sigma variant. Is there a simple way to switch this conversion off? In linguistics I only need the normal small sigma. I know if I use sigma in mathmode it gets never changed into the final variant. But is there a way to achieve this via the great new Symbols... Menu?

Greets,
Johannes