Christian,

There's a long thread in this mail list's archives on adding the letterhead (a .pdf file), signature (a .jpg file), and so on. I sent the .lyx file of a working template to Christian for inclusion in the wiki, so that's a resource, too.

I can't actually find this on the Wiki, maybe I need to look harder :-(

It's on my to-do list :-)

Ah thanks, that would explain why I can't find it :-)

This is one of the other arguments I am using for the switch to Lyx, and thanks for the other comments - some useful ideas here.

I suggest that you try it out yourself for a while, makin sure that the majority of tasks are feasiable without to much hassle before your colleaes try it. Otherwise they might get turned off.

I've been using Lyx of and on for a while now, but latterly have been using Latex and TextMate, but the sudden willingness of others to try something that isn't Word has renewed my interest in getting Lyx into the workplace. So yes I am now looking at getting it working smoothly for others and looking for pointers that might save me making some obvious errors and give me some good ideas.

Graham