Is anyone else finding it impossible to start a new section heading in LyX 1.6 beta 4? When I type some text and then try to select "section" from the drop down, nothing happens. The paragraph type is not altered but the section GUI does reflect my selection from the menu. At the moment, I am using the work-around of setting the environment to a paragraph and then decreasing the nesting depth.

I was unable to find any mention of this in bugzilla. If others can confirm this problem, I'll add it.

This problem exhibits itself in new and existing documents under Windows XP SP2. The problem goes away if I go back to Beta 3. Unfortunately, LyX complains that the converter cannot read the documents that have been saved under Beta 4.

--
http://www.unmusic.co.uk Michael Reed -- technology, gender, and geek culture
freelance writer